There will be a brief discussion of the goals at the January 14th meeting and final goals will be adopted at the February 11th ANC meeting. The ANC will then establish committees and working groups comprised of members of the community to begin addressing those goals in a proactive manner and may consider holding several special meetings throughout the year to act on the work of those groups. The draft goals were developed by the 2015 Commissioners; we look forward to their enhancement through public comment.
- Address policy issues proactively and streamline reactionary approaches to regulatory applications.
- Enhance engagement and involvement of residents, neighboring ANCs, neighborhood organizations, businesses and not-for-profit groups.
Specific Policy-related Goals
- Recommend changes to neighborhood parking policies based on issues identified in 2014.
- Better understand the role of the ANC and community in impacting historic preservation in the neighborhood and use that knowledge to better influence preservation activities.
- Address rat infestation together with residents, businesses, organizations, and the city.
- Identify and prioritize issues related to liquor-licensed establishments in ANC2B and recommend comprehensive approaches to address those issues.
- Engage with and support schools located within ANC 2B as well as those that serve as part of the neighborhood feeder pattern.
- Assist the City in improving communications with residents and businesses during natural and man-made emergencies.
- Work with area organizations to promote independent and diverse retail businesses that serve and enhance our neighborhood.
- Inventory ANC2B parks and explore opportunities to increase the number and utilization of public parks in the neighborhood.
Significant Specific Issue Goals
- Continue to represent the best interests of the neighborhood regarding development of land at St. Thomas Church.
- Provide recommendations to the ABC Board on the West Dupont Liquor License Moratorium by April 2015.