I'll be walking around the neighborhood this weekend looking for potholes and sidewalk issues to report and I encourage you all to do the same.
From a DDOT press release this morning:
Potholepalooza is the District’s month-long spring campaign to aggressively repair damaged roadways across the city.
The first-ever Potholepalooza was held in 2009, and since then DDOT crews have filled almost 21,011 potholes during the annual campaign. Through May 22, DDOT, the agency responsible for the repair of potholes for the District, will work to repair identified potholes within 48 hours of the request (normal response time is within 72 hours).
Residents and commuters are encouraged to call, go online, tweet, e-mail or to submit requests for pothole repairs (see details below).
Residents can also track the repairs at www.gis.ddot.dc.gov/potholeapp .
How to Report a Pothole
Residents and Commuters can notify DDOT in a variety of ways:
1. Call the Mayor’s Call Center at 311,
2. Use the On-line Service Request Center at 311.dc.gov,
3. Tweet to twitter.com/DDOTDC ,
4. Email to Potholepalooza@dc.gov,
5. Use the District’s new DC311 smartphone application [PDF], or
6. Post a comment on the Potholpalooza Facebook page at www.facebook.com/Potholepalooza